In this webinar, we connect within and beyond Alberta to organizations doing work in the air quality field. Let’s listen and learn about air quality considerations and local action across Canada.
- Tanya Carlson, Engagement Program Manager, Calgary Region Airshed Zone
Tanya will present on the projects that Calgary Region Airshed Zone (CRAZ) has underway to engage a multi-stakeholder audience in air quality. Projects include education presentations, working with stakeholders in creating workshops for our member needs, and idle free programs.
- Devanshi Kukadia, Climate Communications Lead, Clean Air Partnership
Desislava Stefanova, Outreach Manager, Clean Air Partnership
Devanshi and Desislava from Clean Air Partnership will cover the history and successful model of the Clean Air Council, a peer-to-peer municipal and public health network. They will also speak to a recent project, Clearing the Air, which conducted near-road air quality monitoring.
- Patience Rakochy, Regional Program Lead, Northern Interior Region, Fraser Basin Council
Patience will present on her work with Fraser Basin Council to build a collaborative network for shared work on air quality in British Columbia.
Links to studies and reports referred to during the webinar
- Schools, Air Pollution, and Active Transportation: An Exploratory Spatial Analysis of Calgary, Canada (Study mentioned by CRAZ)
- Advancing Air Quality and Climate Co-Benefits in the Prince George Airshed (Study mentioned by Fraser Basin)
- Alberta Airsheds 2022 Air Quality Report (Alberta Airsheds Council)
- Clean Air Partnership links:
Want to catch recordings of previous Clean Air Webinars?
- February: How the Federal CAAQS Informs Air Quality
- March: Alberta’s Air Monitoring Plan – The Next Five Years
- April: Camrose Project – Community Science, Environmental Studies, and Flow2 Air Quality Sensors
- May: What to do About Wildfire Smoke and Poor Air Quality Days
- June: Exploring the Relationship Between Climate Change & Air Quality
- September: Climate Change & Air Quality Linkages—Implications for Health
- October: Reduced Transportation from COVID—Impacts on Air Quality
For more information
Julie Kusiek, Engagement Coordinator
Alberta Capital Airshed