Photo Credit: Naomi Tam
Good air is essential to a good quality of life. We all breathe the air and deserve to understand the full state of air quality.
The Alberta Capital Airshed (ACA) helps ensure there is a full picture of air quality through the management of ACA’s Regional Monitoring Plan which addresses all ambient air quality monitoring in the region.
We provide easily accessible, high quality data and expertise vital to develop comprehensive air quality management plans – clean air solutions that keep our air clean. This all helps ensure we live in a safe and healthy environment with clean air.
What is Alberta Capital Airshed (ACA)?
Established in 2006, Alberta Capital Airshed (ACA) is a not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder organization that monitors, collects and shares information on air quality to the public.
- We are a member-focused, multi-stakeholder organization composed of government, industry, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and representatives of the public.
- We are a not-for-profit, neutral organization that monitors, collects and shares air quality information and data to the public.
- We provide outreach and educational initiatives to increase air quality awareness and facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogue to address local issues.
- We are one of 10 Airsheds in Alberta, who together serve as key partners with established regional networks for responding to local and regional air matters.
- We are vital to Alberta’s air quality management system.
We are the community organization that collects and shares information about the ambient air quality in the Alberta Capital Region.
Residents within the Alberta Capital Airshed region live, work and play in a safe and healthy environment with clean air that has no measurable short or long term adverse effects on people, animals or the environment.