Photo Credit: Naomi Tam
Good air is essential to a good quality of life. We all breathe the air and deserve to understand the full state of air quality.
The Alberta Capital Airshed (ACA) helps ensure there is a complete picture of air quality through the management of ACA’s Regional Monitoring Plan which addresses all ambient air quality monitoring in the region.
We provide easily accessible, high-quality data, and expertise vital to develop comprehensive air quality management plans – clean air solutions that keep our air clean. This helps ensure we live in a safe and healthy environment with clean air.
What is Alberta Capital Airshed (ACA)?
Established in 2006, Alberta Capital Airshed (ACA) is a not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder organization that monitors, collects and shares information on air quality with the public.
- We are a member-focused, multi-stakeholder organization composed of government, industry, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and representatives of the public.
- We are a not-for-profit, neutral organization that monitors, collects and shares air quality information and data to the public.
- We provide outreach and educational initiatives to increase air quality awareness and facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogue to address local issues.
- We are one of 10 Airsheds in Alberta, who together serve as key partners with established regional networks for responding to local and regional air matters.
- We are vital to Alberta’s air quality management system.
The Alberta Capital Airshed engages with air quality stakeholders in order to collect and share ambient air quality information that is credible, independent, and easily understood.
People and communities have knowledge of ambient air quality to make informed decisions.